Spot Removal Steps
Spot removal Steps With Carpet Cleaning Payson
Carpet Cleaning Payson Carpet and Tile cleaning provides carpet spot removal steps to help remove those pesty carpet spills or stains.
- Act Quickly! Most carpets available today have been treated with a stain-resistant treatment, so many spills can be removed if immediate action is taken. The longer the delay, the higher the probability of a spill becoming a permanent stain. Remember, staining is influenced by many factors, and there isn’t a carpet out there that is completely stain proof.
- Blot liquids with a dry, white, absorbent cloth or white paper toweling (no printing).
- Don’t scrub the area! Scrubbing might cause pile distortion in the affected area. Continue to use a dry cloth or paper towels until the area is completely dry. For semi-solids, gently scrape up with a rounded spoon. Solids should be broken up and vacuumed until completely removed. If the spot can be identified, locate the substance in the spot removal computer and follow the directions carefully.
- Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to make certain that the solution will not damage the fiber or dye. After applying several drops to the testing area, hold a white cloth on the wet area for 10 seconds. Examine the carpet and cloth for color transfer, color change, or damage to the carpet. If a change occurs, another cleaning solution should be selected.
- Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to a white cloth and work it in gently.
- Work from the edges of the spill to the center so the spill will keep from spreading. Don’t scrub! Blot to absorb as much of the stain as possible. Repeat the process if necessary.
- Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It isn’t necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution removes the spill.
- Be patient! Complete removal of the spill may require repeating the same step or steps several times. Don’t continue to step 9 until the stain has been completely removed.
- Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot with a dry cloth until all of the solution has been removed. Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid soiling if the solution isn’t completely removed.
- Apply a 1/2 inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object (like a book). Continue to change paper towels as needed. A dry, absorbent, cleaning compound may be used as a substitute to accelerate the drying time.
Arm your home with ChemDry World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and World Famous® Grease & Oil Remover for oil-based spots. Call us today at 480-420-4227 to order your next cleaning.
For more detailed information on a specific spill, please call Carpet Cleaning Payson Carpet & Tile Cleaning at 480-420-4227 to see if we can help. Many fiber manufacturers also provide a toll-free cleaning assistance and advice.